After schlepping ourselves around Outside Lands for a couple days, we have learned from our mistakes and are a few steps closer to music festival outfit nirvana. Things we’ve learned:
1. Any amount of heel above two inches will become excruciating after hiking around Golden Gate Park’s Polo Fields for seven hours. Don’t do it.
2. We probably are not going to use a blanket so don’t bother packing it.
3. Since we’re not packing a blanket, we don’t need an enormous, heavy bag.
4. It actually gets warm enough sometimes during the day to enjoy the sun, so wear a short sleeve or sleeveless layer.
5. We were kind of envious of girls wearing short dresses with tights and — I never thought I’d say this — but we’re tiring a bit of the maxi length!
6. Choco Lands is our favorite nighttime hangout at Outside Lands, running a close second to Wine Lands.
So above is the outfit we’ve come up with. One important item not shown in the image: tights. You will definitely want those under your dress. Or if your headed out mid-day when it’s warmer, you can pack them and scooch them on when it starts to get chilly. I adore Suno and this dress. I thought I’d toughen it up a bit with the motorcycle jacket, and break up the hippie earth tone palette with the black boots and jacket. Hope you guys like it! Happy Festing!